We have many positions across the business ranging from administrators to factory operatives.
If you think you have the right skills for us please send us your CV and we will take a look. Please send all CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
If we have any current vacancies they will appear on this page.
Summary of Position
The primary responsibility of the assembly fitter is to fit and assemble the complete fan assembly, to a given drawing, ensuring that the fan assembly meets the customers’ specification and their quality requirements.
- To fully assemble and construct a complete fan assembly as per drawings.
- Monitor the build of the fan assembly and ensure all parts are fit for purpose.
- Ensuring that all components used in the manufacture of the fan cases are in line, straight, by using the correct and associated jigs and tools.
- Continuously assessing the assemblies for quality and ensuring that all areas of the construction, meet the agreed specification and conformance requirements.
- Capable of reading and understanding of general arrangement and detailed engineering drawings.
- Reporting of all non-conforming parts/parts of poor quality to the supervisor.
- Ensure that all work undertaken is fully understood before commencing the final assembly of components.
- Comply with the standards and procedures adopted by the company, comply with all health and safety mandates.
- Complete all work within the given time frame and to specification, complete all relevant quality checks and fulfil all recording requirements.
- Complete assigned housekeeping activities ensuring a clean safe working environment, participation in activities associated around the manufacture of fan cases and embracing new technologies.
Knowledge / Skills / Expertise
- Experience in a fitting environment would be an advantage, and being fully are of the need to supply quality products to our customer is essential.
- An NVQ qualification in a fitting/Assembly role would be an advantage.
- Posses a good solid understanding of fitting techniques associated with a assembly environment.
- Must be to interpret engineering drawing, and general arrangement drawings.
- Must be able to read and use measuring equipment, templates, jigs and gauges.
- The ability to work under instruction and also have the ability to work independently.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Experience in using; and the use of air tools would be an advantage.
- The position requires the continual use of a persons hands, considerable use of arms, legs and the movement of the whole body, such as climbing, balancing, walking, stooping, lifting and manoeuvring of materials, equipment and assemblies.
- The use of ladders, scaffold to assemble fan assemblies.
- Must be able to lift/ manoeuvre 25kg without physical restrictions.
Assistant to Management (Part Time)
- Acting as a first point of contact: dealing with correspondence and phone calls.
- Dealing with visitors
- Reminding the manager/executive of important tasks and deadlines
- Taking minutes during management meetings
- Implementing and maintaining procedures/administrative systems
- Writing letters to customers / employees
- Office Admin
- Organising maintenance
- Typing, compiling and preparing reports, presentations and correspondence
- Miscellaneous tasks to support management
- Discretion and trustworthiness: you will often be party of confidential information
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Organisational skills and the ability to multitask
- The ability to be proactive and take the initiative
- Tact and diplomacy
- Communication skills
- A knowledge of standard software packages and the ability to learn company-specific software if required